Monday, October 27, 2008

Flurries...

I checked weather.com last night, and they said that there was a chance of "snow showers" overnight and into the morning...I am *not* a fan of the cold so I was not excited about the idea of snow! We didn't really ease into the cold this year (or last year, actually), seeing as the temperature just suddenly dropped 20-30 degrees one day. I love Chicago, but I do not love Chicago winters!

Anyway, I saw some snow flurries on my commute home today, but they stopped by the time I started my run today. I'm debating a spring marathon, so I'm trying to keep my weekly mileage up in preparation. Therefore, seven miles today! It was about 40 degrees, which meant breaking out the spandex for the first time this year. Between the tights and a long sleeve shirt, I actually felt rather nice while running. I run with a Garmin Forerunner 205 (which I love!), so I ended up with 7.2 miles in 54:01 (average pace: 7:30). A little faster than I should probably be running, but 7:45 currently seems pretty comfortable, so we'll stick with that.


Currently watching the World Series, hoping the Phillies can fight through the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment