Monday, October 19, 2009

I RAN today!!

Short but oh so so sweet post!

Saturday marked the official one month anniversary of the last time I ran…not exactly something I wanted to celebrate!  After sitting around for a little bit today, I decided that I wanted to give running a try.  I ran about a block and the pain wasn’t too terrible, and I remember the sports medicine doc saying that sometimes IT Band Syndrome is a little better after a warm up.  So I kept going.  My leg loosened up after about a quarter mile, and away I went!  While it wasn’t perfect, my stride actually resembled something of a running gait, which it definitely hadn’t in recent times.  Yay!  I told myself to take it slow and not push the pace at all…just run.  It felt great!

I passed a guy in a truck, sitting in the parking lot of an office building I pass on most of my runs, since it’s on the way to the trail.  He gave me a thumbs up and yelled, “I see you running by every day!  Run five miles for me!”  This comment was kind of funny since I haven’t run by in about a month, but it was fantastic in that I haven’t been out of commission long enough for the locals to forget that I run!  I kept it short and went out for four miles:

Monday, October 19
4.10 miles in 34:15, avg pace of 8:21

I came home and stretched stretched stretched…and iced!  My leg feels pretty good.  :)  Hopefully I’ll be back tomorrow!!

13 comments:

  1. YAY! SHE'S BACK FOR GOOD! (hopefully! :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo!Hoo! Congrats on the run. You must be very happy. It's great you remembered to ice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH! i'm so happy it went well! you totally did the smart thing by staying off of it for a good chunk of time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww... sounds like that truck driver had missed seeing you out there!

    Yeay for a run!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is FAN-tastic news! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! Awesome news! I hope you get back to your normal running self soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I kind of love comments like the one that guy gave you. As long as they're not creepy there's nothing like encouragement from strangers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news!! I can't believe it had been a month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so good to hear! Wow, you're still pretty darn fast girl! Where was that sports nutrition masters program? I've seen one in Florida, but those are pretty hard to come by. Thanks! Hope you're legs are feeling good :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! I'm glad you could get out with a normal-looking stride. Hopefully, you'll be back out on the roads soon (for good!).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoop!!! I can't believe it's really been a month! wow! Glad you felt good though :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY! I'm glad you were able to get out there and run. :) And that the leg didn't cause you too much pain. Don't push it too much. :)

    ReplyDelete