Thursday, October 15, 2009

New Domain Help!

It’s a rainy day here in Pennsylvania…that doesn’t bode very well for my biking adventures!  I’m much more wimpy when it comes to biking than running…I can run through most anything, but biking isn’t quite the same.  I still have a little bit of a sniffle, so I won’t chance it.  I’m going to the sports medicine doctor tomorrow, so hopefully we’ll sort out this whole not-running thing.  It’s been almost a month!  Yikes.

**********************************************************************

In blog news, I’m thinking about transferring to my own domain…moving up in the blog world?  Maybe not, but I think it would let me try new things with my blog and such.  I’ll think of it like a new toy!  Anyway, the current problem is that “nuseontherun.com” is already taken!  I suppose I should have looked into that prior to naming my blog…but then again, I never really thought that I would try moving to my own domain.  So the dilemma presents itself…Do I:

  1. Change the name of my blog to fit the URL?  This would involve actually thinking of a new name…
  2. Come up with something similar to “Nurse on the Run” for the URL?  Such as:  runnerRN.com.  I feel that could be confusing.
  3. Just do "susanruns.com”…Right to the point, if nothing else.
  4. Something else?  I’m open.

I ask you, blog world, to help with my little dilemma!  It’s nothing earth-shattering, but I know some of you have made the switch to your own domain and may have some insight.  Let me know!

12 comments:

  1. I think susanruns.com would be good. It's easy to remember. The URL and the name don't have to match; it's just easier. Meghann's URL and blog name don't match, and she has plenty of readers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I definitely agree with Mica! I started out with my own domain so I have noo idea how to switch. But I'm very excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think the name and url have to match, since most people do not type in blog names anymore to read them - they read them from a reader.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen other blogs where the name and url don't match. I like susanruns.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like susanruns too. I've also been thinking about the big name change....but big surprise rungirlrun.com is taken too...boooo hiss haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm no help, but I'll follow nurse on teh run where ever you go. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with XC2...just let me know what your new domain name will be so I can follow you around wherever you go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like susanruns, but I also noticed that anurseontherun.com isn't taken. i don't know if that'd be even more confusing?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Susanruns is perfect! You should keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm supposed to be studying for my exam but I saw your post in my Googlereader and couldn't resist!

    1) I remember when I had to take off 3 1/2 months from running. Worst months of my LIFE
    2) I know nurseontherun.com is taken...I kept going to that site and thinking it was you and getting TOTALLY thrown off hahaha
    3) Hmmm about the name...I'll brainstorm and get back to you!

    Have a fab Friday, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like runnerRN.com! Its cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like susanruns.com. :-)

    What are the advantages of getting your own domain? It seems like a ton of bloggers are doing this, but I really don't know if I should or not?

    ReplyDelete