Monday, February 2, 2009

Cruisin' - Take One

I am back safe and sound from my FANTASTIC cruise in the Caribbean! It was warm, sunny, and I've never eaten so much food in my entire life! A picture says a thousand words, so here's a little photo journey of my relaxation time!

Palm trees in Miami!! There's no snow on ground, and I'm wearing shorts! This definitely isn't Chicago...

One of the features of the cruise was all-you-can-eat ice cream. We were told it would be an "ice cream parlor" complete with toppings, etc, but it really was just soft serve ice cream and frozen yogurt. Luckily, I brought along some spare M&M's. Please note how white I currently am.

Our first stop was in Nassau...in the Bahamas! We were greeted by a marching band, which was exciting for the boyfriend and me because we met thanks to our college marching band/pep band. I played trombone, and he played mellophone/trumpet.

Boyfriend and I after our first snorkeling adventure! We did an excursion called "Catamaran Sail and Snorkel," so we were on a catamaran boat which drove us around, and then they dropped us off at a snorkeling location. The water was freezing, the waves were kind of choppy, and you couldn't see too far around you in the water, but it was fun and we were able to see some fish.

Our boat, the Carnival Destiny! It was huge, but yet so small in the ocean...

Most dinners on the ship were "Cruise Casual," but one night was "Cruise Elegant," so we got all dressed up!

Next stop was Half Moon Cay (pronounced "Key"...we were confused too), where we got to swim with stingrays! I was admittedly a little freaked out by them. After all, the Crocodile Hunter died from a stingray sting!

I like my water much better when it's clear blue and without stingrays! And that's our ship in the background.

With the boyfriend on the beach in Half Moon Cay...so good!

Back on the boat, leaving Half Moon Cay!

It's time for the Bachelor, so I'll be back later with the rest of the trip! I'll be thinking warm thoughts, hopefully you will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment