Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

Friday the 13th...I don't really believe in superstitions or anything, but nothing bad has happened today. Nothing overly exciting either, but oh well. I spent my rest day yesterday applying to more jobs...woohoo! It's really quite repetitive at this point since I pretty much copy paste my information into little boxes, adjust my cover letter (does anyone actually read those?), and then sit and wait. My father, trying to be supportive, emailed me this anecdote from when he was job searching many, many moons ago (as in, pre-children. Pre-thought of children, actually.):

"If you recall - when Mom & I moved to Chicago, I just took out the yellow pages and spent days going door to door - I would map out the architectural firms on a street map and just go up and down the streets - it was in a recession too, and many times they would tell me that the week before the company had just laid off X number of people. It was not much fun - finally, the job I got was due to a fellow having just leaving the company I got a job at because he was mad at the bosses.


Shows that something can pop up at any time."

Yes, I suppose so. Maybe I'll cross my fingers that some nurses will be upset with their bosses? Sounds like a sticky situation to get into.

Anywayyyy, I ran seven miles this morning, after it took me and hour and a half to get out the door. (That's one glory of not really doing anything all day...I can stall all I want!) Pace was supposed to be easy, in moderation. This worked out okay for a little bit, but then the run kind of turned into a progression run, and I was zooming by the end. Felt pretty good since my legs have been kind of dead all week. Here are some numbers to crunch:

Friday, February 13th
7.04 miles in 54:01, avg pace of 7:40
Splits (since they look cool): 8:01, 7:53, 7:49, 7:42, 7:30, 7:31, 7:14

So that was exciting. Fourteen miles tomorrow, and another chance to try out some gels! Fantastic. We're supposed to get some snow tonight...I heard rumors of up to three inches, but I'm hoping the weatherman is wrong. We shall see, I suppose.

Hope everyone has a freaky Friday the 13th (hahah), and a great Valentine's Day tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment