Can I just say how much I LOVE runners?? It's been so exciting reading everyone's posts about Boston, whether you ran it, knew someone who ran it, wanted Kara and Ryan to win it, hope to run it next year (!!), or just love to watching people run! People at work have no clue how long a marathon is, let alone that the Boston Marathon was yesterday. I'm not an emotional person by any means, but I was getting teary-eyed when the lead women reached Wellesley, as I listened to the girls screaming...and I was only watching it on TV! It's so awesome how everyone can come together around an event such as the Boston Marathon.
Loooong day at work today. I opened at 5:30 (the WORST part about my job...I am NOT a morning person!), and we were slow in the morning which makes the day seem really long. Luckily it picked up at lunch, but I was tired when I got home! I only had a four mile run today, which I thought about putting off until tomorrow. However, running today meant total rest tomorrow, which would be nice, so I just got it out of the way today. Of course, our weather has been terrrible lately, so it was 40, windy, and drizzling when I ran. It actually wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be (did I just say that??), minus almost getting hit by eight million cars. That's what I get for running around the local community college with a bunch of nineteen year old drivers, I suppose.
Tuesday, April 21
4.13 miles in 32:25, avg pace of 7:51
I took the first two miles easy, running about eight minute miles before naturally speeding up to about 7:45. Still under control, which is a good sign since I can easily speed up to a much faster pace without noticing. Continuing to take it easy with eleven days until the marathon! Crazy.
Time to watch the Biggest Loser, but not until after this little survey, compliments of Mica!
8 Things to which I am looking forward
- The Wisconsin Marathon on May 2
- Starting my career as a nurse...hopefully soon!
- Dinner. (Always.)
- Having the day off tomorrow!
- Watching the Biggest Loser
- Seeing the Rocket Scientist on May 1 (such a supportive boyfriend!)
- Baseball season! Go Cubbies!
- Watched the Boston Marathon on TV!
- Registered for the marathon on May 2...haha
- Freaked out about the possibility of being a real nurse and moving
- Applied to six more jobs (total: 108 jobs applied for...please don't tell me about the nursing shortage!)
- Ate wayyyy too many M&M's
- Chased down a customer who ordered food to go, but I forgot to give them their fruit cup
- Ran six miles!
- Put away my laundry. (So exciting)
- Speak Spanish. (Note: I took seven years of German. Look where that got me?)
- Run Boston!
- GET A JOB. PLEASE.
- Be more outgoing. I'm super shy, in general.
- Figure out what I want to do in life.
- Travel the world!!
- Like oatmeal. I don't think it's going to happen.
- Go back to college. Like back in time.
- ER (RIP)
- Gilmore Girls (RIP)
- The Biggest Loser
- The Bachelor/Bachelorette
- The Real World (depending on the season)
- Jon and Katie Plus Eight/18 Kids and Counting/Big People Little World/any reality show on TLC
- America's Next Top Model (which makes me wish I had long legs...)