Sarah over at the Skinny Runner sent me this survey. The rules are:
1.) Fill it out
2.) Change one question with one of your own
3.) Add an additional question
4.) Send it to 3 people.
1. What are your current obsessions? I suppose running is an obsession, since I do it or something related to it every day. Additionally, JOB HUNTING is something I dedicate an obscene amount of time to. I've applied to almost 100 jobs...don't mention the nursing shortage to me, thanks. On a positive note, I was obsessed with watching Gilmore Girls, and I just finished all seven seasons a couple weeks ago. The plus side of not having 40 hours/week employment.
2. Which item from your closet are you wearing most often? Either my serving uniform (boring!), or my Nike black stretch pants...so comfortable, and they look nice enough to go in public in. I consider that a win in my book.
3. Last thing you bought for myself? Yesterday I ordered a twelve pack of Honey Stinger Energy Chews from Running Warehouse (dot com!). Yum! To be a little more exciting, I bought a new shirt over the weekend, as well as a cute pair of shoes. Now I just need to find somewhere to wear them...I'm more of a "flip flops go with everything, including my prom dress" kind of girl. True story.
4. What’s for dinner? Most likely leftovers from last night's BBQ chicken salad. With some fruit on the side...and a roll, if I didn't eat them all yet. FYI...make this salad! It was soooooo good! I added cucumber and red pepper (a salad isn't a salad without cucumber...), and put some pepper, garlic, and soy sauce on the chicken. Super tasty.
5. Say something to the person who tagged you: I'm new to your blog, but I love it so far! I'm totally jealous of where you live, and don't we all want to be a skinny runner??
6. What is one item you could not live without? Umm that's a tough one...I'm not too attached to "stuff." However, if my parents disappeared, I'm not sure what I would do.
7. Vacation spots you must visit before you die? I want to visit so many places!! I've never been to eastern Europe, I'd love to check out Russia, China, Japan, AUSTRALIA, South America, Africa (to see elephants!!)...everywhere! I don't know which places I MUST visit, but there are definitely tons I'd love to go. IF anyone wants to send me on an all-expenses-paid trip, I won't argue! All that being said, I could go to Rome any day of the week and be ridiculously happy.
8. Three things to do before you die:
a. Run Boston! Or, it'd be fun to be a pacer to help people meet their goals.
b. Live happily ever after. (I'm a princess...right?) No really...husband, kids, all that jazz.
c. Figure out how to combine nutrition/nursing/health/fitness in a career...and actually do it. Or at least volunteer to do it.
9. What are you reading right now? I'm in the middle of Memoirs of a Geisha, and I just checked out In Defense of Food from the library.
10. What is the last movie you saw and enjoyed? Rate it out of 5 stars. Hahha um, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. Don't laugh! Okay, laugh, but I'd read all the books so I figured I might as well see both movies. They were pretty good! Nothing inspiring or super deep, but entertaining. Four out of five stars. I'm easily entertained.
11. What’s your guilty pleasure? Ice cream! I eat it almost every day. So so so so so good.
12. What’s your favorite smell? Oh dear, I'm not sure! Home made cookies just out of the oven...or the smell of onions cooking! Anything that reminds me of summer...lemonade, people grilling (except not when I'm running), pools...
13. Best thing you ate or drank lately? I usually get an "Orchard Valley Roll-up" from work, and I had it for lunch today...it's chicken, bacon, onions, and brie cheese in a wheat tortilla with a honey dijon dipping sauce. Yum! The best part is eating half today and having half for lunch tomorrow! Double the yum.
14. Care to share some wisdom? I cut this out from a newspaper since I like ice cream so much, but it's really a good one, "My advice to you is not to inquire why or wither, but just enjoy the ice cream while it's on your plate." Compliments of Thornton Wilder. And, compliments of my junior year of high school English teacher, "Boredom is an act of choice."
15. Describe one of your happiest moments. After I graduated from college, my roommate of three years and I took a three week tour of Europe to celebrate graduation/prevent us from being separated for just a little longer. We went through a tour group, so most of the planning was done for us...we were just there to have fun! It was so exciting and fun to be in a new country every day or two, and we didn't have much of a worry in the world. It was definitely a happy three weeks.
16. What was your best Halloween costume? I was GI Joe in kindergarten. Made my mom proud. However, she did make my costume and even put camo face paint on me. I didn't understand why I couldn't take my brother's fake rifle to school with me as part of my costume. I was five.
17. What do you have an addiction to? Maybe the internet...Diet Pepsi...Ice cream! Although I could probably get by without any of them if I wanted/needed to.
18. What do you do that you would be embarassed for others to know about? I *love* to dance around my room to music (or sing in the car!)...I just hope no one can see in my window because although I think I'm a rockstar when it comes to dancing, not everyone shares my opinion!
Alright, tag time! I tag: