Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I think I broke the toaster

I know lots of people out there are fans of eating oatmeal for breakfast, but I'm really a peanut butter toast and banana kind of girl. Especially when you put banana slices ON the peanut butter toast. So good. Anyway, I was making my toast this morning, and I popped it up early to see how brown it was since the toaster sometimes has a mind of its own. The bread got mushed and stuck halfway down, so (after unplugging the toaster) I shook it around a little and eventually got it loose. Of course, a piece of crust broke off and was now nestled in the bottom of the toaster. That seemed like a mini fire hazard, so I turned the toaster upside and and shook it to release the piece of crust. Bad plan, apparently. I tried to get my toast a little darker, but I guess the toaster wasn't a fan of my shaking. I'm hoping that it just needs a rest, or that my dad can fix it later this week. (Dads can fix everything, right?)

In the meantime, I might have to give oatmeal a try.

The Great Toaster Disaster happened after my run...since it was only five miles, I decided to just get my butt out the door and eat when I got home. Although it was around 30 degrees this morning, it actually quite felt nice, except when the wind decided to blow...which was a bit too often for my liking. However, it was a short five miles so it went pretty fast. Did I just say "short five miles"?? Funny how your idea of "far" can change!

Tuesday, April 7th
5.1 miles in 40:37, avg pace of 7:58

Thanks for all of your opinions yesterday about which marathon to do...I'm going to see how the boyfriend's shins are doing at the end of the week and then probably make a decision. Maybe. I'm a terrible decision maker.

Plan for tonight: File/mail my taxes, watch the Biggest Loser, and bake oatmeal chocolate chip cookies...possibly while watching the Biggest Loser. Hmmmm.

3 comments:

  1. I know a lot of people get all motivated to exercise when watching Biggest Loser, but it just makes me hungry. I tell myself that even at my heaviest, I wasn't as big as the contestants when they started (and honestly, most of them even NOW are still bigger than fat-Amy), so I can have some more wine & cookies. Maybe not the best strategy. :)

    I like to alternate b/w PB toast w/ banana & oatmeal. right now I am out of oatmeal, bananas AND bread. *sob*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog and wanted to say hi!! I am a nurse too who loves to run! Although, you are much faster than me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I've come to the conclusion that I will one day set me piece-of-crap toaster on fire. There are so many crusty bits in the bottom of it, it's a fire hazard just waiting to happen!

    I know what you mean about a "short five miles". I used to think running five minutes was a long time!

    ReplyDelete