Sunday, March 15, 2009

Ex-haus-ted

Oh my goodness, such a BUSY day...I'm am tired beyond belief. I was up at 4:50 this morning in order to be at work at 5:30, woohoo! I'm always paranoid about not waking up on time for anything important/extra early, so I woke up multiple times in the middle of the night to check to make sure I didn't over sleep. (I used to have nightmares in college that I slept through my organic chemistry exams...since I would study for the entire week beforehand, it would have been devastating if I missed them!) I'm surprisingly awake when I have to be at work at 5:30, but that's probably because you actually do stuff when you show up...brewing coffee, restocking stuff, getting everything ready, so you don't think about how early it is!

We were slow to begin with (not many people show up at 6:45 on a Sunday morning), but then around 8-ish, the flood gates opened! I was literally running back and forth from the kitchen to my tables ALL day. I looked up at the clock and it was suddenly 11 am! Time was FLYING. Business hasn't been this great in a long time, and every Sunday used to be like this so it's awesome to have a day like today. However, running around for nine hours without any time to eat or drink will definitely get the best of you. However, the busier you are, the more $$$ you makes, and let's just say that I did QUITE well today. :)

Naturally when I came home, I decided to eat and then try to get my long run in...It's a cut-back week, so the long run is only 12 miles. (Only? haha.) Anywayyy, I figured I'd go out and then if I was truly tired, I could cut it short. However, I pretty much never cut a run short, especially once I'm out there, sooooo 12 miles it was! It was pretty uneventful until about four miles to go when I suddenly really, really, REALLY had to go to the bathroom. Many runners can relate to that one run where you just HAVE to find a bathroom. Sadly during the winter the random port-a-potties disappear, so I spent the next two miles hoping that someone was outside so I could run up and ask them if I could use their bathroom. Although I had run by tons of people, I guess it was getting closer to dinner time so I didn't see anyone! I finally gave up and headed up to a random house and rang the doorbell. I had to do this once before (in high school), and people are actually quite willing to let you into their house, and for that I am super grateful. There aren't many wooded areas around where I live (too suburban...but I like it), so I couldn't just hide behind a tree.

Soooo now that you've enjoyed that story, let's just say that the run was definitely good overall, except for that little hitch.

Sunday, March 15
12.11 miles in 1:38:45, avg pace of 8:09

I definitely do not recommend serving for nine hours and then running twelve miles, but it's out of the way and hopefully I'll be ready for the coming week...45 miles, which I believe will be a weekly mileage high for me!

My brother headed back to Michigan tonight, and now I'm all set to crawl in bed and pass out. It will be glorious.

5 comments:

  1. awesome job on the run girl!!! get some rest now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang - busy day like that on your feet THEN running 12 miles?! Whew! Nursing'll be a piece of cake for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet job on the run! I hate that you need to find a bathroom quick feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, nine-hour shift + 12 mile run? I'd never attempt that--props to you!

    ReplyDelete