Friday, March 6, 2009

Loving the warm weather!!

I am love love LOVING the warm weather!! It's currently in the 60's, so I'm rocking the flip flops and no jacket or anything!! Some people ask why anyone would want to endure a Chicago winter year after year...It's because the cold makes spring absolutely GLORIOUS and the summers pure bliss. Really, Chicago has the best summers ever.

The Fleetwood Mac concert was really fun last night! I wasn't actually sure if I would recognize any songs, but I ended up knowing two or three, so that was pretty exciting. It was really funny to watch all the people my parents' age rocking out and everything. Although I think it's more fun to go see a concert where I know more than a song or two, I enjoy live music so it was definitely a good evening.

Today's run! I actually got my butt out of bed before ten (I know, I know...what a rough life I lead...) and did my four miles. My legs were SOOO tired for the first two miles...I don't know if it was a matter of them just not being "awake" yet, or if I'm still feeling the effects of being sick earlier this week. My stomach doesn't feel funny anymore, so that's a good sign, and I've been making sure to hydrate myself.

Friday, March 6
4.03 miles in 33:11, avg pace of 8:13

I'm watching the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show (from earlier in the year) on youtube. It makes me wish my legs were at least a little bit longer! I come in at a completely average 5'4 1/2" (average height of the American woman...so you can't call me short!), and I always wanted to be 5'6". I don't think that's ever going to happen without surgical intervention. I want longer legs not only for aesthetic reasons (although that wouldn't hurt!), but all the pants I ever try on are way too long! I suppose I'll deal, haha.

1 comment:

  1. haha i am 5'6" but i always wanted to be a little taller... i guess i never have to hem pants though so that is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete