Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Money in the Bank

Such a gross day in Chicago today! It's been raining on and off ever since this morning. I was drizzle-free until halfway through my run, so I got a little wet out there. Normally I don't mind running in the rain, but cold + rain = super not fun. At least it wasn't pouring! I once did an 18 mile run where it POURED from the end of the first mile to the end of the second mile, leaving me totally drenched. The next sixteen miles were dry as can be, except for my socks! Oh well.

Tuesday, March 31
5.07 miles in 39:53, avg pace of 7:52

My legs were dragging a little to start, but felt fine after two miles. Once I got home and removed all my super wet winter running clothes, I stretched and attempted to do some ab work. My high school track coach used to make us do 1,000 crunches and 200 pushups per day, so I used to be in super good shape in those regards. Not so much anymore! Therefore, I'm starting small. I stole some ab exercises from The Beholder, and they were tough!! If you're looking for some moves, go check them out.

My afternoon activity involved this little guy:

My grandparents gave my (twin) sister and I these banks when were probably seven or eight years old. I got a piggy bank (!!), and she got a bunny bank. I put all my change from serving in there, and this is the second time I've filled it in the year and a half that I've been serving. The little guy is so stuffed that I couldn't fit all my change in there! I believe that means it's time to count, which I think is lots of fun! First, I had to sort them all.

I like when the quarter pile is the biggest! Next, time to count!

Empty piggy in the corner! When all was said and done, I ended up with $98.44!! People always laugh at me when I try to take nickels or quarters or any other loose change, but it really adds up over time. Now...what should buy and pay for in quarters??

9 comments:

  1. Look at you, saving nearly $100 in change! That's awesome. I think you should reward yourself with something good...like more cute running shorts and cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I have a very similar photo set of my own change-counting day! haha. Great job. It really adds up!

    It was gross here today too. Not that I went outside.

    Great run today in the rain~ You're speedy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same thing!! But I can never wait that long to cash it in :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should take the change to a place where the the people were rude to you (snobby sales clerk, maybe?) and use it there! I'm all about revenge today after I got my digs in at the mean lady from the workout room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh - pair of running shoes right there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn, Joy beat me to it...but yeah, running shoes is definitely the answer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter is always on the look out for change to put in her piggy bank. Hey any way you can save tehse days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to go through my change! Looks like you've got quite the collection there! New running shoes?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cool!! That would have been the best little surprise for me. I never think change adds up!!

    ReplyDelete