Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patty's Day!

I had a weird weird weird dream last night. I was at my wedding, all dressed up and everything, and I was sitting at the head table with whoever I assumed to be my new husband. I didn't recognize him at all! We had just finished dinner when I realized that I had made a huge mistake and married the wrong person. I reallllly wanted to go find my mom and talk to her about it, but my "husband" noticed that something was wrong and kept offering me cake. At least the "husband" in my dream didn't look like my boyfriend at all!

I think the dream messed up my big plan to get up early and run before work (had to be there at 11 today). I set my alarm, but then I did one of the "five more minutes" type things where I end up falling back asleep. I woke up at 8:45, realized I could still squeeze a run in if I hurried, shoved some peanut butter toast in my mouth, and was out the door and running by about 9:02. Woo! It was in the 50's with the morning chill, which is AMAZING running weather, and it got up into the 70's today. Too bad it's supposed to be colder and rainy tomorrow.

Tuesday, March 17 - St. Patty's Day!
9.09 miles in 1:10:35, avg pace of 7:46

I thought my legs would be tiredddd today, but they actually felt pretty good. Overall I was pretty relaxed and the pace felt good, so two thumbs up for that. We'll see what this weekend brings with the higher mileage...9 at marathon pace followed by a long run of 19 miles. I'm hoping I learn what it feels like to run with tired legs!

Time for some BBQ outside and then packing for Princeton/my interview...flying out tomorrow night!

4 comments:

  1. i hate dreams like that!!!

    awesome job on the run! have a safe trip and good luck on your interview!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your interview, so exciting!

    I hit the snooze button SO Many times before I finally realize that I have to get my bum out the door for a run! The worst is when the weather outside is cold and miserable, giving you no reason to leave the nice, warm bed. At least you had nice weather today, yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on the run. You are very speedy a 7:46 pace over nine miles would not be relaxed for me! Good luck on your interview.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good time and goodluck.
    Rinus.
    www.rinusrunning.punt.nl

    ReplyDelete