Monday, March 16, 2009

Talk about waking up on the wrong side of the bed...

What a morning! I definitely had a really odd start to the day. I woke up and went to wash my face...when I looked up in the mirror, I saw that I had a bloody nose! Not sure where that came from, but I spent a few minutes squeezing my nose and catching blood with a tissue. Got the nose bleed under control, and it was time to head to work. Soooo I put my work shirt on, but I still had the hanger in it! Really...who forgets to take the hanger out? Take the hanger out, head to work for a 9:00 shift. I clock in at work and go to check what side work I have to do, so I look at the schedule and see that I was scheduled for 11:30 today. Oops! I mixed up Monday and Wednesday. Fantastic. I laughed about my stupidity with a few servers and told them I'd see them in two and a half hours.

Which, I realize, gives me plenty of time to get my little four mile run in before work, since I really didn't feel like doing it after work. Perfect.

Monday, March 16
4.04 miles in 33:53, avg pace of 8:23

It is gorgeous outside (sunny, in the 60's!), so my run was fantastic minus the fact that I. am. so. TIRED. This weekend definitely took a lot out of me, and I'm looking forward to this coming weekend for multiple reasons. Job interview, boyfriend, and only running with no serving! The combination is exhausting, so only running without serving for four to nine hours per day will be super.

I'm a little nervous about this upcoming week not only because of the interview, but because I'm probably going to be doing my 19 mile run with a group. Four of us (me, boyfriend, boyfriend's grad school friend, and boyfriend's grad school friend's boyfriend...confused yet?) are planning on running the Delaware Marathon together (various paces...I think I'm the slowest!), but since I don't even live in the same time zone as them, clearly I never train with them. Their goal paces are definitely faster than mine (3:10 and 3:20, I believe, while I'm shooting for somewhere around 3:30...yet to be determined), so I'm a little nervous about running with them, even if it's just a long run. Running in a group is sooo different than running by yourself. Yes, there's the social factor, and time may go by quicker with people to talk to. On the other hand, I can't dictate the pace, which is easy to do when you're by yourself...slow down when you want, speed up when you want, etc. This will be interesting, if nothing else. I just hope they're not too speedy!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, sorry about your rough morning, but I'm glad you got a run in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eeek, does sound like a rough morning.

    i think you should go for a 3:25 ... if not faster. you're definitely capable of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the bonus run!

    Sheesh - if you're the slowest in your running group, you're keeping some fast fast company.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yikes that sounds like one crazy morning :(

    good luck with the long group run!! whenever i run with a group we end up all going at our own paces anyways... its just nice to all be out there together. i am the same way though, i like to dictate my own speed.

    ReplyDelete