Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Shopping Day!

Definitely had a fun day today! I woke up and headed out for my run, then I had a shopping day with my mom! First, my run:

Wednesday, March 25
5.04 miles in 40:00, avg pace of 7:57

It was a little chilly and a bit windy, but the run was good overall. My legs feel alright, and even though I tried to slow down, my pace tends to hover around 7:45-8:00. Hopefully that will stick through the marathon! I have a 10 mile run and a 20 mile run left this week, and I'm still trying to figure out where to fit them in. I'm opening at work tomorrow and am usually drained when I get home, and then I work both Saturday and Sunday...ruling out 20 miles on either of those days! I'll see how I feel when I get home tomorrow and then I'll decide if I want to do the 10 miles tomorrow. I'm definitely going to do the 20 miles on Friday since I have it off, but not doing 10 miles tomorrow means that I would be doing them probably on Saturday after the 20 miles on Friday...that could be painful, especially after working! I guess I'll figure it out tomorrow. I have three 20 milers planned, so hopefully they will give me the strength and confidence to run this marathon strong to the finish.

Moving on! After lunch, my mom and I went shopping! I haven't been in the mood to shop for a long time, and my mom is really the only person I like going shopping with. She knows what I like and will tell me what she actually thinks about something I try on, so she's good to have as a shopping buddy. I ended up getting a shirt and TWO pairs of jeans. That's a huge deal because, like for most girls, jeans that fit me somewhat well are IMPOSSIBLE to find. I found two different pairs that fit well in the store, so I'll have to try them at home for the real test! The funny part is that the jeans are two different sizes. When it comes to pants, I can wear anything from 0-7, depending on the brand! The jeans I bought today were a 1 short and a 3/4 regular. Companies really need to develop some consistency in sizing, it would make life much, much easier.

Time to head off to bed for my 4:45 wake up call for work tomorrow...

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a busy schedule! I am impressed you're getting those long runs in.

    I heard a statistic that women have to try 20 pairs of jeans on (on average) to find one that fits well. I agree, there should be some kind of standard.

    Good luck with your long day tomorrow!

    P.S. I love the picture of you in red Nike shorts on the side bar. I really want a pair. I might have to get some this weekend. I'll say you inspired me to go out and buy them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't crazy how your size can vary so much depending on the brand. I hate that! Glad you were able to score two pairs of jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice job on the run!!! good luck with your 20 miler and squeezing in the 10!

    yay for a shopping day with mom! i love those :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about finding pants! Is it not the most annoying thing in the whole world!

    ReplyDelete